This seafood-based skewer is made with bourbon whiskey and real bacon, enriched with Dijon mustard, and grilled to red-hot perfection.
- 3 tbsp minced green onions
- 2 tbsp. bourbon whiskey
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 24 large sea scallops (about 1½-pounds)
- 6 low-sodium bacon slices (4-ounces)
- cooking spray
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Add scallops, stirring gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Remove scallops from bowl, reserving marinade. Cut each slice of bacon into 4 pieces.
- Wrap 1 bacon piece around each scallop (bacon might only wrap halfway around scallops if they are very large).
- Thread scallops onto 4 (12-inch) skewers, leaving some space between scallops so bacon will cook.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 8 minutes or until bacon is crisp and scallops are done, basting occasionally with reserved marinade (cooking time will vary greatly with size of scallops). Serve hot with rice.
Nutritional information Edit
Calories 245 (26% from fat) | fat 7g (sat 2g, mono 2.5g, poly 1.1g) | protein 32.4g | carb 11.3g | fiber 0.1g | chol 68 mg | iron 0.7 mg | sodium 642 mg | calc 51m