Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Garfish balls. This recipe is an "as much as you want" main course.
- garfish filets
- mashed potatoes
- green onion tops
- garlic powder
- chopped onions
- lard or cooking oil (peanut)
- Take garfish filets and measure equal amount of cooked mashed potatoes.
- Grind filets and tasso together.
- Coarse grind meat grinder is best.
- If you use food processor, be careful not to over grind.
- Tasso amount should be ½ oz per pound of fish.
- Increase will add more smoke flavor and seasoning, so adjust to your taste.
- Add minimal amount of Cajun experience seasoning mix.
- Tasso adds a lot of salt and cayenne.
- Mix in to potatoes, add veggies and shape into balls.
- Roll in cornmeal.
- Deep fry in lard for real Cajun taste, or peanut oil for les Americains, delicate children, Yankees, etc.