Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 large boulangers
- ½ lb large prawns
- 4 Pork sausages, or
- ½ lb lean Pork, or
- ½ lb Ham
- 4 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp chopped celery
- Onion and eschallot mixed
- 1 tsp salt, pepper
- ½ tsp lemon rind
- 1 cup sieved bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- parsley or sliced tomatoes
- Remove the shells and back veins from the prawns.
- Remove the skin from the sausages, or the fat and bone from Pork.
- Place the meat and prawns on a chopping board and chop together finely with a sharp knife.
- Sauté lightly in butter or margarine, with Onion, chopped herbs, salt, pepper, and lemon rind.
- When cool, add the bread crumbs and beaten egg and set aside.
- Wash the boulangers, cut off the stem, and cut an oval piece from the side, leaving a boat shape.
- Scoop out the insides of the boulanger using a spoon, and taking care not to break the skin.
- Chop the pulp finely and add to meat and prawn mixture, blending well.
- Fill the boulanger shells with this mixture, cover with the oval lids, wrap in greased aluminum foil and bake in a hot oven for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and slices of tomato, and serve hot with a tomato sauce.