A Cajun boudin sausage recipe
- Contributed by SF&SC Y-Group
- 2 pounds pork meat, about 30% fat
- 1½ pounds pork liver
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 large onion cut up
- 3 bunches green onions cut up, divided
- 12 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, divided
- a lot of sausage casing
- Cook meat, liver, salt, and pepper in water to cover until meat falls apart.
- Remove meat and reserve some of broth.
- While still warm, grind meat, onion, green onions, and parsley, saving about ½ cup of green onions and parsley mixture.
- Mix the ground meat mixture with the ½ cup green onion and remaining parsley, rice and enough broth to make a moist dressing.
- Stuff the dressing into sausage casing using a sausage stuffer.
- May be refrigerated, may be frozen.
- Prepare for eating by steaming.