Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 12 pounds
- 4 pounds pork (Boston butts)
- 1½ pounds pork liver
- 2 pounds green onion heads
- ¾ pound green onion tops
- ½ pound parsley
- 2 ounces salt
- ½ ounce ground red pepper
- ¼ ounce ground black pepper
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- Combine pork and liver in large stockpot; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- Grind meat, onions, onion tops and parsley.
- Add salt, red pepper, black pepper to meat mixture, mixing well.
- In a separate large stockpot combine water and rice.
- Bring to a boil, stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Add reserved stock to mixture if needed for stuffing boudin in casing.