Makes about 12 pounds
- 4 pounds pork (Boston butts)
- 1½ pounds pork liver
- 2 pounds green onion heads
- ¾ pound green onion tops
- ½ pound parsley
- 2 ounces salt
- ½ ounce ground red pepper
- ¼ ounce ground black pepper
- 6 cups water
- 4 cups uncooked rice
- Combine pork and liver in large stockpot; cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until meat is tender.
- Grind meat, onions, onion tops and parsley.
- Add salt, red pepper, black pepper to meat mixture, mixing well.
- In a separate large stockpot combine water and rice.
- Bring to a boil, stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir into meat mixture.
- Add reserved stock to mixture if needed for stuffing boudin in casing.