Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For a 10-quart pressure cooker.
- Recipe by: Sir.Licious, The Original Taste-Gooder.
- Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 1 can (10¾ oz) cream of mushroom soup; condensed
- 1 can (10¾ oz) cream of chicken soup; condensed
- 1 envelopes Lipton Beefy onion soup mix
- 2 cups onion; diced small
- 2 cans (10¾ oz) water
- 4 cloves garlic, fresh, or up to 8; crushed
- 1 x 3½ – 4½ lb bottom round roast, or top round; or top sirloin
- In a suitable heavy skillet heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of olive oil to very hot and brown the roast well on all surfaces.
- In a 10-qt pressure cooker start condensed soups, water, Lipton Beefy onion soup mix, fresh crushed garlic and diced onion and heat to a boil.
- Turn up the heat on the pressure cooker and add the roast to the gravy.
- Seal the pressure cooker lid and lock it, and set it to high pressure (15-lbs) and cook for about 30-minutes once the pressure is achieved.
- After roast is removed from pressure cooker, add 2 medium half-sliced onions, three cans of mushrooms, and lightly boil for 10-minutes of so to tender the onion.
- The original onion is cooked-up and barely there for the taste buds.
- Meat: Top round or top sirloin works as well, as long as the roast will fit the pressure cooker.
- Pressure cooker: I use a 10-quart Cooks Essentials pressure cooker. The gravy foams as it boils and may clog the relief port of a smaller pressure cooker. In a smaller pressure cooker use a smaller roast, 1 can of condensed soup and 1 can of water.
- Garlic press: I use one purchased from OXO. It's sturdy works well and is easy to clean.
- Gravy: The gravy may be a bit too thin. Add a little flour/water thickening as needed while the onions and mushrooms cook in the gravy, before serving.
- Veggies: You can also add baby carrots, or diced whole carrots, and sliced bell peppers to the gravy along with the onions and mushrooms to make it a balanced meal in a pot.