Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Butter cake. A rich full cake with a strong butter taste.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 8 oz unsalted butter, med-hard consistency
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ egg white
- slivered almonds (optional)
- Grease a 1½ x 8" round cake pan and dust it with flour.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in the butter.
- Make very sure that the butter is neither too hard nor too soft (remove from fridge 1 hour before using)
- Mix well.
- Add almond extract, salt and egg yolk.
- Mix well or just grease your hands and knead the dough, until it is very smooth.
- Place the dough into the prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Brush the top generously with the egg white.
- slivered almonds may be placed on the top of the cake for extra flavor.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool thoroughly before serving.