Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 lbs chuck or Beef shank or chicken as wanted
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 4 ozs Bacon, chopped
- 1 large Onion, unpeeled, cut into quarters
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled, cut in 1/2 horizontally
- 3 stalks celery, with leafy tops, washed and cut in half
- 1 medium carrot, washed and cut in half
- 1 bay leaf
- 7 cloves
- 1 tbs coarse salt
- 1 cup white or yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 small Onion, peeled and minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbs Italian parsley, chopped
- grated Parmesan
- Wipe the meat with a damp cloth and cut into 2-inch cubes. Sprinkle with black pepper.
- In a large saucepan or sauté pan, heat olive oil and Bacon over medium heat. Sauté until Bacon has released most of its fat, about 1 minute. Add the meat cubes and brown on all sides, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add Onion, garlic, celery, carrot, bay leaf, cloves, 1 tbs salt, 3.5 quarts water and bring to boil. Lower heat, cover,let simmer for 1.5 hrs or until meat is tender.