Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Persian eggplant yogurt Dip from www.jewish-foods.com .. My husband had this at a Persian restaurant and loved it. He then searched on Google and found this, so I made it for him .. It's really good! Times are estimated.
- 2 (1 lbs) large eggplants
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ⅔ cup drained yogurt
- 4 teaspoons fresh mint, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon powdered saffron, threads in (optional)
- 2 teaspoons hot water (optional)
- 1 teaspoon drained yogurt
- fresh mint leaves
- Rinse, prick the eggplants and roast in a 350°F oven, turning frequently, for about 40 minutes, or until soft.
- Remove, place on a cutting board and let stand until cool enough to handle; peel the skin and chop the flesh.
- Transfer the flesh to a mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly, seasoning to taste.
- In the serving dish, garnish with saffron water, yogurt and mint leaves and serve hot or cold with pita.
- Can be made in advance and stored in refrigerator.