Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Cucumber, walnut and yogurt salad
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup fresh, organic rose petals
- 2½ cups drained plain whole yogurt, or labneh
- ½ cup sour cream, optional
- 1 seedless English cucumber, or 3 Persian cucumbers, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup fresh Thai basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh dill weed
- ¼ cup fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, peeled and finely grated
- 2 red radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- 1 pkg toasted flatbread, such as pita, lavash, sangak or barbary
- Combine raisins and rose petals in small container, cover and freeze for at least 30 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Combine yogurt, sour cream, if using, cucumbers, scallions, mint leaves, Thai basil leaves, dill weed, tarragon leaves, garlic, radishes, and salt and pepper in serving bowl.
- Mix thoroughly, and adjust seasonings to taste. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- To serve, add walnuts, raisins and rose petals, stir well and serve with flatbread.