- Trifle sponges - 4-6, cut into 1 cm (* inch) slices,
- oranges - 2, zest and juice,
- lemon - 1, zest and juice,
- Sugar - 25-50 g (1-2 oz),
- double cream - 300 ml (* pint),
- orange slices or segments - to decorate.
- Use the sponge slices to line the bottom and halfway up the sides of a deep serving dish or bowl.
- Mix the orange and lemon zests and juices with the Sugar and stir until the Sugar is dissolved.
- In another bowl, whip the cream until it just starts to thicken.
- Then slowly add the sweetened fruit juice, whipping the cream as you do so.
- Whip until the cream is light and thickened and all the juice absorbed.
- Pour the mixture over the sponge and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, longer if possible, so that the juice can soak into the sponge and the cream thicken.
- Serve decorated with segments or slices of fresh orange.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.