Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fried sweet potato rounds. Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- 4 med Boniatos or American sweet potatoes or yams, peeled And cut into ¼-inch rounds
- salt to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat ½ inch of oil to 375 °F, or until a piece of potato sizzles when it touches the oil.
- Add as many potato rounds as will fit in a single layer, reduce the heat to medium, and fry until golden on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes, turning with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on a paper-towel-lined platter, sprinkle with salt, and serve hot.
- If you are frying large quantities, keep them warm in a 200 °F oven until all are done.