Fried sweet potato rounds. Makes 4 to 6 servings
- Vegetable or peanut oil for frying
- 4 med Boniatos or American sweet potatoes or yams, peeled And cut into ¼-inch rounds
- salt to taste
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat ½ inch of oil to 375 °F, or until a piece of potato sizzles when it touches the oil.
- Add as many potato rounds as will fit in a single layer, reduce the heat to medium, and fry until golden on both sides, 4 to 5 minutes, turning with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on a paper-towel-lined platter, sprinkle with salt, and serve hot.
- If you are frying large quantities, keep them warm in a 200 °F oven until all are done.