Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.foodfit.com
- This Recipe Serves: 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 small potatoes or turnips, cut into wedges
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 3 cups crushed canned tomatoes
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- juice of 1 lemon
- parsley or cilantro sprigs for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion begins to wilt, about 3 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high, add the garlic, carrots and potatoes or turnips.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the ginger and curry powder.
- Add the butternut squash, canned tomatoes and chicken pieces and stir to combine.
- Adjust the heat so that the mixture simmers slowly and place a lid, slightly ajar, over the skillet.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Add the lemon juice and adjust the salt and pepper to taste (this can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days).
- Serve in warm bowls garnished with parsley or cilantro sprigs.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 bowl with chicken and vegetables):
- 330 Calories | 35g Carbs | 8g Fiber | 9g Fat | 31g Protein | 1g Saturated Fat | 281 mg Sodium