Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 3 cups or 4 servings.
- ¾ pound 90% lean, ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup chopped carrot
- 1 x 16 ounce can chopped tomatoes with juice
- ¼ cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef in a large nonstick skillet with the onion, garlic and carrot over medium heat; drain off the fat and return the beef and vegetables to the skillet.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid, the wine and the seasonings and herbs.
- Cover and simmer for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the tomato paste; simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¾ cup serving:
- Calories: 203 | Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 694mg | Carbohydrate: 9g | Dietary Fiber: 2g | Sugars: 5g | Protein: 22g