Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: O Magazine
- Makes 4 cups sauce
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large or 2 small carrots
- 2 to 3 stalks celery
- 1 oz pancetta, very finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (not lean)
- 1 tbsp salt
- ⅛ tbsp freshly ground pepper
- pinch allspice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 pound pasta, such as rigatoni
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese for grating
- Finely chop onion, carrot and celery.
- In a heavy bottomed pan or Dutch oven over low heat, cook pancetta until all fat is rendered and pancetta is just beginning to brown.
- Add chopped vegetables, raise heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently until onion is translucent and soft.
- Add ground beef, breaking it up with a spoon, ¼ t.
- (to start) salt, plus pepper and allspice.
- Cook until meat is brown.
- Add milk.
- When it begins to simmer, reduce heat to low and cook at a gentle simmer, stirring occasionally until milk has mostly boiled away, about.
- Add tomatoes and juice; bring to a simmer.
- Cove pot, reduce heat to low and allow sauce to cook very gently at barest simmer, 2½ to 3 hours.
- Just before sauce is done, bring a pot of water to boil, salt it generously and boil pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, mix with a third of sauce, then serve with remaining sauce on top with lots of grated parmigiano cheese.