- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package Little Smokies Sausage or hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 lb American cheese, cubed
- Cook an stir Onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add potatoes, water, celery and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add small amount of milk to flour, stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to hot vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining milk and Sausage; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add American cheese; stir until melted.