In Romanian: Caltabosi moldovenesti (fierti)
- 2 lbs / 1 kg fatty meat
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 2 oz / 50 g raisins (optional)
- ½ cup broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 - 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 - 3 juniper berries
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Grind the meat, add the lightly fried (in lard) onion, salt, pepper, a little ground coriander, rice, raisins and broth.
- Mix everything well and fill the large intestine. Do not overstuff.
- Make short sausages (one portion).
- Do not tie the ends but cover with the end of the intestine by pushing it in.
- Place the sausages in the pot with the broth, add Sugar, bay leaf, juniper berries, paprika and tomato sauce.
- Set to boil at slow heat.
- Remove the foam.
- Boil for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Serve hot, in soup bowls, one sausage in each bowl, with the liquid in which they boiled.