Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Caltabosi moldovenesti (fierti)
- 2 lbs / 1 kg fatty meat
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 2 onions
- 1 tablespoon rice
- 2 oz / 50 g raisins (optional)
- ½ cup broth
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 - 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 - 3 juniper berries
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Grind the meat, add the lightly fried (in lard) onion, salt, pepper, a little ground coriander, rice, raisins and broth.
- Mix everything well and fill the large intestine. Do not overstuff.
- Make short sausages (one portion).
- Do not tie the ends but cover with the end of the intestine by pushing it in.
- Place the sausages in the pot with the broth, add Sugar, bay leaf, juniper berries, paprika and tomato sauce.
- Set to boil at slow heat.
- Remove the foam.
- Boil for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Serve hot, in soup bowls, one sausage in each bowl, with the liquid in which they boiled.