Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Gaina rasol
- 1 medium hen
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsley root
- 1 celery root
- 1 parsnip
- 1 onion
- 2 juniper berries (optional)
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- 3 – 4 potatoes
- 3 quarts / 3 l water
- Clean and wash the hen and set it to boil at low heat with 3 qts/3 l water.
- Remove foam, then add the vegetables, onion, juniper berries, bay leaf and salt.
- Cover and simmer until the hen is almost done.
- Add the halved (lengthwise) potatoes and let simmer until done.
- Remove the hen, cut in pieces, arrange on a platter and garnish with boiled potatoes and sliced carrot and celery.
- Spray with a few tablespoons of the boiling liquid.
- Serve to taste with oil and lemon juice or vinegar, horseradish sauce or garlic juice.