Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Morgan Estate in Austin, Texas in 1982.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 12 pound ham
- 2 tablespoons powdered crackers
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- whole cloves
- Soak ham for 12 hours then cook slowly in water for 5 hours.
- Cool in ham's own liquid.
- Remove outside skin.
- Make crisscross gashes in top of ham then sprinkle cracker dust and brown sugar on top.
- Sprinkle with pepper and stick whole cloves into ham then place in roasting pan and bake at 350 for 1 hour.