Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- De-scale, wash and trim the fish.
- Separately, boil enough water to cover the fish, add salt and vinegar in the ratio of 1 tablespoon of salt and ½ tablespoon of vinegar (lime juice) to every quart of water.
- Put the fish into a boiling water and simmer very gently until cooked.
- For a large piece of fish, allow 10 minutes for every pound, and 10 minutes over on the whole.
- For small pieces, allow 15 – 20 minutes.
- Drain well and place on a hot dish.
- Decorate with slices of lime.
- Serve with butter or tomato sauce.