Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Yield: 4 Servings
- From: Light And Easy Diabetes Cuisine
- Trim stems off squash and cut each in quarters using a cleaver or large chef's knife to cut, hitting back of knife with a mallet to force it through squash, if necessary.
- Scrape away seeds.
- In a large kettle, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil.
- Add squash sections and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from water, sprinkle with a little mace and pepper.
Nutrition information Edit
Per Serving (¼ of recipe):
- 40 Calories, 0mg Cholesterol, 10g Carbs,
- 1g Protein, 3g Sodium, 0g Fat
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread