Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Diabetic recipe from ADA
- 6 servings/Serving size: 1 cup
- 1 x 16-oz pkg dry black-eyed peas
- 8 cups cold water
- 6 cups warm water
- 2 cubes reduced-sodium beef bouillon
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Rinse and sort peas. In a large pot, bring cold water and peas to a boil over high heat; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and allow to soak for 1 hour. Drain off water and rinse peas.
- Place soaked peas, warm water, bouillon cubes, and onion in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low.
- Cook 45 minutes to 1 hour or until peas are tender, adding more warm water if necessary; stir periodically. Peas should be covered with a thick sauce.
- Add salt, stir gently, and serve.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 221 (Calories from Fat 9) | Total Fat 1g (Saturated Fat 1g) | Cholesterol 0mg | Sodium 109mg | Carbohydrate 39g (Dietary Fiber 12g, Sugars 6g) | Protein -- 14g
- Exchanges: Starch 2½ | Very Lean Meat 1