- yolks of 2 hard cooked eggs
- ⅓ cup butter or shortening
- ⅓ cup sugar
- yolk of 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- flour to stiffen for rolling
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped blanched almonds
- First put the hard cooked yolks of eggs through a ricer or sieve and cream with the butter or shortening.
- Add the Sugar, cream again, then stir in the uncooked egg yolk, the milk, and sifted flour.
- The dough should be stiff enough to roll.
- Cut into small round shapes with cookie cutters, brush these with beaten egg white and sprinkle with finely chopped almonds.
- Bake in a slow oven (300°F).