Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Curly kale with smoked sausages. A nice plain meal for a rainy day.
- 2 lbs kale
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 2 ounces crushed oats or porridge oats
- 6 large smoked sausage
- 6 ounces smoked ham
- Clean the kale, strip off the stalk and vein together.
- Chop roughly.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Cook the kale and smoked Ham together in a little boiling water, salted if necessary, for 10 minutes.
- Add the cubed potatoes and the Oats.
- Prick the sausages, and place them on top of the mixture.
- Cover the pan with a lid, and boil the mixture gently until the kale is tender and the potatoes are soft; this takes about 30 minutes.
- Remove the sausages and smoked Ham, and mash the potatoes and kale together.
- Season as required, with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Replace the sausages and smoked Ham, and serve with plenty of mustard.