Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This "drink" is well known throughout the Netherlands. It is associated with little old ladies, although the name translates to "Farmer's Lads" or "Farming Lads".
- Wash the raisins in lukewarm water and leave to drain.
- Put in a stoppered bottle with the cinnamon stick.
- Put the sugar in a pot with water just covering it and bring to the boil.
- Leave to cool and mix with the brandy.
- Pour the brandy onto the raisins and leave to stand for at least 2 months before using.