Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sit down to a hearty bowl of low fat, cholesterol free bean soup. It's made with Great Northern beans, a good source of dietary fiber, and tomatoes that add a rich source of vitamin C. This recipe is from Kraft
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Brand-Name Diabetic Meals in Minutes, a cookbook published by the American Diabetes Association
- Preparation time: 10 minutes | Total time: 30 min
- Number of Servings: 6
- 1 x 10 oz pkg frozen Boca meatless smoked sausage
- 4 cups or 1 qt water
- 1 x 15½ oz can Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained 
- 1 x 14½ oz can stewed tomatoes, with juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ cup or 2 medium sliced carrots
- ½ cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (optional)
- Cut sausage into ¼-inch-thick slices (tip: slice sausage while still partially frozen. Remove sausage from freezer about 10 minutes before slicing or thaw slightly in microwave before slicing).
- Place sausage and all remaining ingredients except hot pepper sauce in Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- Bring to boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Season to taste with hot pepper sauce.
Nutritional information Edit
Per 1 cup serving:
- 230 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 0g Saturated Fat | 0 mg Cholesterol | 650 mg Sodium | 32g Total Carbs | 7g Dietary Fiber | 7g Sugars | 16g Protein
- Exchanges: 1½ starch | 1 vegetable | 1 meat