Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 egg yolks
- Pinch of salt
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 3 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 baked pie shell
- Combine cornstarch and Sugar.
- Add water slowly, stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Add slightly beaten egg yolks, butter, lemon rind, juice and salt.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour into baked pie shell.
- Cover with meringue made with egg whites and Sugar stiffly beaten.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 15 minutes or until meringue is light brown.
- Cool to room temperature before refrigerating to keep meringue from weeping.