Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and, when hot to touch, add ⅛ cup olive oil and heat until fragrant but not smoking.
- Add chopped mushrooms and sauté gently until softened, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and scrape mixture into bowl.
- In saucepan, bring water or stock to a boil and keep it simmering.
- Wipe skillet with paper towel and heat again.
- Add remaining ⅛ cup oil and heat over medium heat.
- When fragrant, add chopped onion or shallots and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until translucent but not brown.
- Add rice and stir to coat with oil.
- Add wine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously and increasing heat to medium, if needed.
- In ½-cup increments, add boiling water or stock, stirring after each addition, not adding more liquid until all is absorbed.
- Stir often and avoid adding too much liquid.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, liquid should be absorbed and rice creamy with a slightly chewy center.
- Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms, cream, cheese and chopped arugula or parsley.
- Stir until melted and combined, and serve immediately.