Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Trim rhubarb; cut in 1 cm pieces.
- Combine fruits.
- Add water; bring to boil and cook 10 minutes.
- Add Sugar, stirring to dissolve.
- Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
- Boil to jam stage (about 15 minutes).
- When jam stage is reached remove from heat.
- Stir and skim 5 minutes.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Cool and seal.
- May be stored up to 1 year.
- Alternate methods for determining jam stage:
- The temperature test - mixture should reach 102C to 104C.
- The plate test - use a cold plate from freezer.
- Pour a small amount of boiling mixture onto plate.
- Return to freezer; wait 1 minutes, then check for gelling.
- If gelling has not occurred return sample to kettle and continue to boil, testing every 2 minutes.
- Note: When using this test, remove kettle from heat.
- Makes about 3 L.