This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Love Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour sifted
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoon milk
- Sprinkle ¼ cup of sugar over berries then set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt.
- Combine salad oil and milk in a small bowl and whip with fork then pour over flour mixture.
- Mix with fork until moist then turn into greased square cake pan.
- Press dough into pan building up edges about one inch deep.
- Spread berries over the dough.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt together then cut in butter until crumbly and sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake at 425°F for 45 minutes.