- 4 1/2 tbsp Mayonnaise, reduced fat preferred
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup milk, 1% or skim
- 2 tbsp additional milk (eliminate this ingredient if you skip the flax seed)
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Spray a teflon muffin pan with cooking spray, or thoroughly spray paper muffin cup liners, if using a non-teflon pan.
- Wash and drain fresh blueberries, or if using frozen ones, measure them out now so they will thaw slightly.
- With a fork or whisk, combine the Mayonnaise, milk, Sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and ground flaxseed.
- Stir in the flour until just combined.
- Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Fill 12 muffin cups half full. Bake for 12 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe from sneakykitchen.com