Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The deep blue jewels of summer are the lovely blueberry. Blueberry season is short so enjoy eating them any way you can. Here's a recipe for Blueberry Pie.
- favorite two crust pie pastry
- 4 cups blueberries
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Prepare favorite double crust pie pastry.
- Mix blueberries lightly with other ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour blueberry mixture into prepared pie crust.
- Top with remaining pie crust.
- Crimp and seal.
- Cut slits in top of pie crust.
- Bake about 50 to 60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- The blueberry pie filling will bubble through the slits when done.
- Place unbaked pie on a foil lined baking sheet for easy clean up.
Sources and Citations Edit
- Breads, Cakes and Pies in Family Meals: A Guide for Consumers, USDA, 1979