Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: jkbgraysail via dLife
- 2 cups oat bran
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ cup non-fat or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup fat-free egg substitute; or 2 large eggs and 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola or walnut oil
- ¾ cup fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the oat bran, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Stir well.
- Mix the yogurt, orange juice, egg substitute or eggs, and oil in a small bowl.
- Stir well.
- Add the yogurt mixture to the oat bran mixture and stir well.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- With nonstick cooking spray, coat the bottoms (only) of muffin cups and fill each ¼ full with batter.
- Bake for 16 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to sit in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Refrigerate uneaten muffins or freeze if not eaten within 24 hours.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 98 | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 4.5g | Fat: 3.4g | Cholesterol: 0 mg | Fiber: 2.7g | Sodium: 132 mg