- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, drained well or 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained well
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside and let stand.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, brown sugar, stir well. Add egg and melted butter to oats.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until all is moistened. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into muffin pan until three-quarters full each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve cold and plain or with other fruits.