- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup white wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt, iodized only
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, drained well or (1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed and drained well)
- Preheat an oven to 400° F.
- Combine oats and buttermilk in a small bowl; set aside and let stand.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, salt, brown sugar, stir well. Add egg and melted butter to oats.
- Add dry ingredients and stir just until all is moistened. Gently mix up with blueberries.
- Spoon into the muffin pan until three-quarters full each.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts or fruits. Sell per piece, if desired.