Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: www.splenda.com
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes | Cooking Time: 50 Minutes | Total Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- Serves: 12
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda no-calorie sweetener, granulated
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ½ cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp Splenda no-calorie sweetener, granulated
- ¾ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add 1 cup Splenda granulated and flavorings; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add whole eggs, one at a time, beating until blended after each addition.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Fold in berries.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Beat egg white with a fork; add 3 tablespoons Splenda granulated, stirring until blended.
- Stir in almonds.
- Spoon mixture over batter.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 230 Calories | 120 Calories from Fat | 6g Protein | 13g Fat | 6g Sat | 21g Carbs | 2g Fiber | 55mg Cholesterol | 210mg Sodium | 1g Sugar