Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from the Bowers Estate in Fort Worth, Texas in 1994. Notation on card indicates this won a blue ribbon at a church cook-off in 1972. These are very good. Tried and true and a family favorite.
- 1/2-cup plus 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/4-cup salt
- 1/4-cup garlic powder
- 1/4-cup chili powder
- 1/4-cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 4 slabs Pork loin back ribs (13 to 15 ribs per slab)
- Combine paprika, salt, garlic powder, chili powder, brown sugar, and red pepper.
- Start a fire in the smoker, add water and keep water in the pan.
- Let temperature rise to 225.
- Sprinkle the rub on the meaty side of the slabs.
- Place the meat in the smoker (bone side down, on the top rack), close the dome, and let the temperature come back to 225.
- Cook for 5 hours.