Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the southwest blue corn meal is used for numerous dishes, from tortillas and chips to masa for sweet tamales. This recipe is for a delicious porridge that can be made to be thick enough to eat with a spoon, or smooth enough to drink. Served in the morning or in the evening, This recipe is for a delicious breakfast style dish, or dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
- 1/2 cup Blue cornmeal, finely ground
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 tbs butter
- Sugar and milk to taste
- ground cinnamon
- Pour water in to sauce pan, then add the blue corn meal and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Cook covered for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add butter, sugar.
- Add milk to desired consistency.
- Sprinkle cinnamon if desired.