In the southwest blue corn meal is used for numerous dishes, from tortillas and chips to masa for sweet tamales. This recipe is for a delicious porridge that can be made to be thick enough to eat with a spoon, or smooth enough to drink. Served in the morning or in the evening, This recipe is for a delicious breakfast style dish, or dessert.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
- 1/2 cup Blue cornmeal, finely ground
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 4 tbs butter
- Sugar and milk to taste
- ground cinnamon
- Pour water in to sauce pan, then add the blue corn meal and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to simmer and whisk to avoid lumps.
- Cook covered for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add butter, sugar.
- Add milk to desired consistency.
- Sprinkle cinnamon if desired.