Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 cup blue cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or melted margarine
- 2 eggs, beaten (use some of the milk)
- ⅓ cup instant nonfat dry milk + 1 cup water (or 1 cup nonfat milk)
- Combine dry ingredients and stir. Add remaining ingredients and mix well
- Drop desired amount onto lightly greased griddle, burning once as cakes brown.
- For waffles, follow recommendations of waffle iron maker.