Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup instant non-fat dry milk + 1½ cups water (or 1½ cups nonfat milk)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup roasted blue (or yellow) cornmeal
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Do not re-mix or stir.
- Pour serving sized amounts from blender to lightly oiled grill or pan.
- Wait until bubbles form on top of flapjack, then flip.
- Remove from grill when second side is cooked.
- Serve with a pat of butter and syrup, marmalade, or applesauce.