Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 20 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¼ cup finely chopped red pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1½ cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- ⅛ teaspoon ground white pepper
- fresh basil -- chopped, for garnish
- Clean mushrooms with damp paper towel.
- Remove mushroom stems; finely chop stems and set aside.
- Saute mushroom caps in butter in skillet until almost tender;drain on paper towels.
- Saute mushroom stems and red pepper in skillet.
- Add cream; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and add cheese; cook until melted.
- Stir in rice, basil, and pepper; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Spoon rice mixture into mushroom caps.
- Place mushroom caps in greased shallow baking pan.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Garnish stuffed mushrooms with basil.