Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- cooking spray
- 2½ cups brown rice
- 4 scallions (green onions)
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 pork, boneless loin chops
- 1 red pear
- ¼ cup blue cheese, (crumbled)
- Spray a 2-quart square baking dish and a large skillet with nonstick coating; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked rice, green onions, 2 tablespoons of the apple juice, the walnuts (if desired), ¼ teaspoon salt, and the ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl stir together the thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Rub onto both sides of chops.
- Cook chops in skillet over medium-high heat until browned, turning once.
- Arrange browned chops on top of rice mixture.
- Pour remaining apple juice over chops.
- Bake, covered, in a 350°F oven about 30 minutes or until no pink remains in chops and juices run clear.
- Transfer chops to serving plates.
- Stir chopped pear and blue cheese into hot rice mixture; serve with chops.
Nutritional information Edit
- 305 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 5g Saturated Fat | 45 mg Cholesterol | 416 mg Sodium | 38g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 17g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ fruit | 2 starches | 2 lean meats
- Carb Choices: 2½