Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group Source: Diabetic Living Diet Online Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 45 minutes Servings: 4
- cooking spray
- 2½ cups brown rice
- 4 scallions (green onions)
- ⅓ cup apple juice
- ¼ cup walnuts
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 pork, boneless loin chops
- 1 red pear
- ¼ cup blue cheese, (crumbled)
- Spray a 2-quart square baking dish and a large skillet with nonstick coating; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked rice, green onions, 2 tablespoons of the apple juice, the walnuts (if desired), ¼ teaspoon salt, and the ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl stir together the thyme, ¼ teaspoon salt, and the ¼ to ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Rub onto both sides of chops.
- Cook chops in skillet over medium-high heat until browned, turning once.
- Arrange browned chops on top of rice mixture.
- Pour remaining apple juice over chops.
- Bake, covered, in a 350°F oven about 30 minutes or until no pink remains in chops and juices run clear.
- Transfer chops to serving plates.
- Stir chopped pear and blue cheese into hot rice mixture; serve with chops.
Nutritional information Edit
- 305 Calories | 9g Total Fat | 5g Saturated Fat | 45 mg Cholesterol | 416 mg Sodium | 38g Carbs | 3g Dietary Fiber | 17g Protein
- Exchanges: ½ fruit | 2 starches | 2 lean meats
- Carb Choices: 2½