This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts with skin (not split)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Prepare the broiler for grilling. Combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and thyme in a small bowl until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper. Loosen skin over the breast of chicken by pushing fingers on skin, taking care not to tear skin.
- Spread blue cheese mixture under skin with a rubber spatula or small spoon. Massage skin to evenly spread cheese mixture.
- Place chicken skin side down on grid over medium coals. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, melt remaining butter then mix with lemon juice and paprika.
- Turn chicken and brush with the lemon juice mixture. Grill 7 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to the carving board and cut each breast in half. Serve warm and plain over rice, or with other main dishes, side dishes or appetizers.