Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Timmons Estate in Sachse, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter softened and divided
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts with skin (not split)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Prepare grill for grilling.
- Combine blue cheese, 1 tablespoon butter and thyme in small bowl until blended.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Loosen skin over breast of chicken by pushing fingers between skin taking care not to tear skin.
- Spread blue cheese mixture under skin with rubber spatula or small spoon.
- Massage skin to evenly spread cheese mixture.
- Place chicken skin side down on grid over medium coals.
- Grill covered for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile melt remaining butter then stir in lemon juice and paprika.
- Turn chicken and brush with lemon juice mixture.
- Grill 7 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken to carving board and cut each breast in half.