- This is the more expensive version of the Slavinken, made with Veal. This goes well with traditional vegetables such as carrots, sprouts or any type of cabbage.
- 8 thin Veal cutlets
- salt to taste
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 slices dry white bread
- 1/4 pound ground lean Veal
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fine Dutch rusk crumbs
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower margarine
- 8 lemon slices
- parsley, for garnish
refrigerator for about 15 minutes. Beat the egg yolks and soak
and the lemon juice. Mix thoroughly. Divide this evenly among
the 8 cutlets and spread on each. Roll the mixture inside the
cutlets and secure each roll with a toothpick.
each of the Veal rolls. Cover each roll with Dutch rusk crumbs.
rolls, turning them occasionally. Revove them from the pan and
rolls back into the pan and add the lemon slices. (You may
rolls, covered, for about 40 minutes, until they are done. Remove
slices and pour the gravy over the Veal rolls. Garnish with parsey
and serve with rice and beans.