Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Lamb loaves with apricots and egg
- Serves 6 to 8
- 2 lbs ground lamb shoulder
- 12 dried apricots, coarsely chopped, soaked in hot water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and ground allspice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, with shells removed
- 1 cup tomato paste, canned
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put lamb, apricots, onion, pine nuts, cinnamon, allspice, and salt and pepper to taste in mixing bowl.
- Mix well, using clean hand or wooden spoon.
- Divide the mixture in half and shape each half into a loaf around an egg.
- Put the loaves side-by-side in the baking pan.
- Mix tomato paste with water and pour over the loaves.
- Put loaves in oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Baste frequently with the tomato sauce to keep loaves moist.
- To serve the loaves, cool to room temperature and cut into thick slices.
- Blehat lahma makes an excellent filling for sandwiches.