Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Cooking Light 1998
- Yield: 4 Servings
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup tomato juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp stone-ground mustard
- ¼ tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 4 (4-oz) portobello mushroom caps (about 5 inches wide)
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning for steak (such as chef Paul Prudhomme's Steak Magic)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- cooking spray
- 16 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 (15-oz) can cannellini or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup (1 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- Add mushrooms to bag; seal.
- Marinate 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove mushrooms from bag, reserving marinade.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with Cajun seasoning.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes on each side or until very brown.
- Cool; cut mushrooms diagonally into thin slices.
- Arrange 4 cups salad greens on each of 4 plates.
- Top each with mushroom slices, 2 tomato wedges, and onion rings.
- Sprinkle each with ¼ cup beans and 1 tablespoon blue cheese.
- Drizzle the reserved marinade evenly over salads.
Nutritional information Edit
- 260 calories, (37% from fat), 10.7g fat, 2.4g sat, 5.2g mono,
- 1.7g poly, 12.8g protein, 5 mg cholesterol, 165 mg calcium,
- 669 mg sodium, 31.4g carbs, 7.7g fiber