A Catfish recipe.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¾ teaspoon white pepper
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- dash of salt
- 4 u.s. farm-raised catfish fillets
- ½ cup butter, melted
- for garnish: lemon wedges
- Heat a large, cast-iron skillet or heavy aluminum skillet over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Mix paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, thyme, oregano and salt in a small bowl.
- Place melted butter in a shallow dish.
- Dip fillets in melted butter, then sprinkle with the seasoning mixture.
- Place fillets in the hot skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until blackened and fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.