This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Cline Estate in Dallas, Texas in 1993. My mother was so excited when I came across this recipe. It was one she remembered from the 1950s and has made several times since finding this recipe. It's very good and very addicting. Give this a shot for the New Years! It's excellent!
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 box white cake mix
- ½ cup oil
- 1 small blackberry gelatin 
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup blackberry wine
- Put chopped nuts in bottom of well greased and floured tube pan.
- Mix cake mix, oil, gelatin, eggs and wine until well blended.
- Pour in pan and bake at 325°F for 50 minutes.
- Melt butter then mix in wine and sugar.
- When cake gets done pour ½ of the glaze over cake.
- Punch holes in cake then let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan then pour balance of glaze over top.