This salad has so much flavor that the only dressing you'll need is a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: WebMD via www.onhealth.com
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 cups baby spinach, rinsed and dried (comes in packages this way), packed measure
- 2 cups fresh blackberries (thawed blackberries can also be used)
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese (or reduced-fat or regular feta cheese)
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (chopped ripe tomatoes can be substituted)
- 1 large or 2 small green onions, sliced
- 3 tbsp finely chopped walnuts or walnut pieces
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (add more to taste)
- Add spinach, blackberries, cheese, cherry tomatoes, green onion, and walnuts to a large serving bowl.
- Toss to blend well.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve into 4 salad bowls.
Nutritional information Edit
- 167 Calories | 7g Fat (3.2g Saturated fat, 1.6g Monounsat Fat, 1.8g Polyunsat Fat) | 11mg Cholesterol | 7g Protein | 21g Carbs | 6g Fiber | 129mg Sodium | Calories from fat: 37%