Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 chipotle peppers dried
- 6 serrano peppers finely diced
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- ½ cup water
- 12 ounces blackberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Place chipotles in a saucepan then cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Cover and boil until tender about 15 minutes then drain.
- Set aside to cool.
- Finely dice the rehydrated chipotles and combine with serranos, sugars, salt, cinnamon, oregano and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a low boil then cook until thickened slightly stirring frequently.
- Add blackberries and cook until they start to break up but not disintegrate.
- You want salsa to have chunky texture.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in chocolate syrup and pecans.
- Chill thoroughly.