A glorious combination of a fresh pretzel and fruit salad is an instant, exceptional dessert made great on other occasions and is refrigerated to the stone-cold aroma from blackberries and cream cheese.
For the main pretzel base Edit
- 8 ounce package cream cheese softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 8 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 1 large package blackberry gelatin
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 teaspoons fruit juice, optional, apple or lemon only
- 20 ounces frozen blackberries
- Crush pretzels in a blender or a food processor, then add 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Mix pretzels and sugar with melted butter.
- Press in a glass rectangular baking dish and bake at 375° F for 8 minutes, then cool well.
- Mix cream cheese with one cup sugar and mix well.
- Add whipped topping and pour over crust.
- Mix gelatin with hot water and fruit juice (optional), then add the frozen blackberries.
- When cool, pour over filling and refrigerate for several hours. Serve warm and plain or with other fruits or desserts.